What do a manufacturer, builder and software company owner all have in common? The insight, experience and wisdom to help each other achieve success in their business and a balance between life and work. TAB helps forward-thinking business owners grow their businesses, increase profitability and improve their lives by leveraging local business owner advisory boards and private coaching. No theories — just practical, real-world, tried and tested solutions and invaluable hands-on experience.
The concept of using peer groups for growth is not new. Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich described “Mastermind Groups” in 1937. The feedback, support, and accountability from those who have been in that same situation has great positive impact. We launched our first Trajectify Acceleration Group in 2013. Within the first year, six of the eight CEO's participating had doubled revenue.
In July 2018, Mike joined forces with The Alternative Board® (TAB) and became a certified facilitator. We're now pleased to offer TAB programming and a worldwide community of leaders into our offerings.
It is the unique combination of professional coaching and peer-to-peer learning and support that helps solve problems, develop and evaluate opportunities, and provide a platform for your accountability to growth. With this membership program, you get:
- TAB Board Meeting. The owner-to-owner monthly session is the foundation of the service.
- Business Coaching Sessions. One-on-one meeting with your coach (Mike) to laser focus on issues.
- TAB Connect. A worldwide network of fellow business owners for counsel and opportunities.
- Business Builder’s Blueprint™. A proven strategic business planning process focused on forming the business owner’s vision of leading a successful business, demystify the strategic planning process with a clear picture of how to achieve your strategic direction and vision.
You can learn more about TAB on their website.
About a year ago, Mike wrote an article why I thought peer coaching groups are the best tool for a business owner to grow. Here are a few of the benefits that I thought were particularly powerful:
- An outside-in perspective of a member’s business and leadership. It is a safe environment to share and discuss even the most sensitive issues. Each leader gets a sounding board for feedback and diverse perspectives. You are surrounded by many experiences that can be leveraged, and exposed to different ways to think.
- A strong sense of accountability. Peers become familiar with one another’s businesses and hold each other accountable for efforts and goals each one is working towards. There is increased satisfaction in mutual accountability and accomplishments. A coach provides structure and reinforcement for this to work consistently - it requires diligence.
- It’s lonely at the top. Even good leaders need support and motivation to combat the emotional drain of the challenges and pressures that are faced nearly daily. By participating in a peer group, each leader is able to give and receive empathy. Even the most supportive spouses, friends, and advisors can’t relate the way a peer group can.
- Multiple networks join together to create a greater collective network. Each member in a peer group brings connections. Knowing that more opportunity comes through second level contacts (weak ties as described by Mark Granovetter and Malcolm Gladwell), by participating in group, leaders get the benefit of such greater access.
Every leader and business owner need a peer group. Reach out to learn more about joining us.